Friday, October 2, 2009

Characters - take 2

I'm sure y'all have figured out by now that I LOVE StoryFix. There is so much great info there it's easy to spend hours without realizing it.

Here's a great series on characters from StoryFix. (I haven't read it all yet but plan to this weekend.)

When planning your characters, think about what your character wants more than anything. Think about what he/she needs that they may not realize they need. Consider their strengths and weaknesses.

Also, think about some of the things in their past that have shaped them into the characters they are now.

I've got a huge list of interview questions for characters and if anyone would like to have it, email me and I'll be happy to send it to you. I've several character worksheets too. My email addy is jeanlauzier at gmail.com. Be sure to change the at for an @ :-) Be sure to put something in the subject line so I won't think you are promoting cheap meds, performance enhancing drugs or letting me know I won a lottery I never entered.

Also...the NaNo website is up and running. It's a bit slow but that's normal this time of the month. Stop by when you get the chance, sign up if you haven't and look around.

Next week...we talk conflict.:-)

1 comment:

  1. I signed up for NaNo...just in case. Worked on putting together my ideas for the 3 possibilities that I'll work on. I need to decide this week.

    I think I have most of what you have on characters, but I'll give you a shout if I get stuck--which will probably happen. LOL!

    I'm going to have to check out this series on Storyfix too.

    Thanks!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete