Saturday, September 5, 2009

Happy Holiday Weekend

Yesterday we talked about discipline and writing on a regular basis.  Today I say...take a regular break from your writing.  By taking a break from writing, when you get back, you're ready and eager to get started.

I take the weekends off.  Sunday is spent in church so there's no time for writing then and Saturday between hubby, kids, errands and such, I'm not in the right frame of mind.  Normally I don't even blog on the weekends but everyone's still asleep  and the house is quite for a bit.

Weekends off also gives me time to do some reading.  And reading is so important for writers.  It gives us a chance to see how other writers are crafting their stories.  The more we read and write, the better our own craft becomes.

So, take the weekend off, enjoy your family or friends.  Read a good book, relax and get ready to write next week.:-)

Tell us what you're reading...

I'll be reading Red by Ted Dekker.  I found him last month while at Mom's and love, love, love his work.  He writes Christian suspense that leaves me speechless.  The first of his I read was Thr3e.  You can read my review of it here.

4 comments:

  1. I think that's I'm going to try and read Last Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading "Meggie's Remains" by Joanne Sundell right now.

    I don't usually write on the weekends, but I read every day. I have to with all the books I need to review; but I also love it, and it helps me to get a feel for what's out there and what I like in a book and what I don't.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading Misery loves Cabernet by Kim Gruenenfelder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weekends off works for me; Sunday is a church day and I'll use Saturday for 'a get extra things done' day. I usually read before bed. I just finished 'The Neurology of Angels' by Krist Tibbs, and have started 'The Mill on the Floss' by George Eliot

    ReplyDelete