Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Let's Write a Novel...Together!

Writing a novel tends to be lonely work, except for the month of November when NaNoWriMo is in full swing.  So, in the spirit of NaNo, let's write a novel...together.


Starting Sept. 1st, I'll be posting about creating characters, writing dialogue, setting scenes, hooking the reader, tension, conflict, pacing, taming the inner editor and so much more. 


In Oct., we'll start an intensive month long novel planning session.  It'll include more indepth posts on topics such as story arc, structure and scene development along with some brainstorming and possibly real time chats.


Then, starting Nov. 1st, we'll make daily progress posts, along with weekly encouragement and who know what else.  Plus, you'll be able to have a progress meter just like mine on the right.  I'll explain more about that later.


If you've always wanted to write a novel or if this is your second or third or even sixth novel, join us on this wonderful journey.  I can't promise you it'll all be fun but it'll be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello buddy,

    this is very cool of you to start such a blog. I have started writing my first novel at http://starsletmedown.blogspot.com and I am going through your blog for all advice I can gather.


    It will be of great help if you can put up a link to my blog from somewhere in your blog to encourage more and more readers (to my novel)

    thanks again.

    ReplyDelete